10 Things You Need to Know
10 Things You Need to Know |
1. The Kalamazoo Promise is for ALL students of the Kalamazoo Public Schools (KPS).
2. You must reside within the boundaries of KPS.
3. You must have at least all of the high school years (9-12) in KPS (enrollment & residency) and graduate from KPS (Central / Loy Norrix/ Phoenix).
4. The Kalamazoo Promise will not end. It is set up to go on for many years to come.
5. The Kalamazoo Promise is a 4 year scholarship (a bachelor degree or 130 credits, whichever occurs first).
6. You have ten years from the time you graduate from high school to use your Promise and can start and stop any time.
7. The Kalamazoo Promise covers tuition and mandatory fees.
8. Students sign up for The Kalamazoo Promise at the beginning of their senior year. Meetings are held for all seniors each fall. There are two simple forms to fill out for The Kalamazoo Promise.
9. There is an appeal process for students during their senior year, especially for hardship cases (e.g., custody, death in the family, and foster
10. All students using The Kalamazoo Promise at KVCC may attend part-time.